The message of the Silver Rose is to promote the dignity and respect of all human life and honor Our Lady of Guadalupe by participating in this meaningful pilgrimage. For more information on the “Silver Rose Program” visit the following link (http://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/silver-rose.html)
The Silver Rose was received in Nova Scotia from Prince Edward Island State Council on April 9th. The first Silver Rose Prayer Service was today in West Arichat, hosted by Council 4607. The Silver Rose will continue it pilgrimage thru Nova Scotia, until we transfer it to Maine, USA on April 25th. The following Councils will host the Silver Rose prayer service:
- Council 4607 West Arichat -April 11th
- Council 8275 Port Hood – April 12th
- Council 14030 Judique – April 12th
- Council 14280 St Peter’s – April 13th
- Council 7924 Port Hawkesbury – April 14th Livestream at 7:00pm
- Council 6633 Truro – April 15th
- Council 6297 Greenwood – April 17th
- Council 16817 St. Agnes, Halifax – April 18th
- Council 1097 St. Theresa, Halifax – April 21th Livestream at 7:00pm
- Council 9404 St. Ignatius, Bedford – April 24 Livestream at 2:00 pm .
To participate in livestream service at 7:00 pm April 14th, go to https://fb.watch/4bdxBMctIG/
To participate in livestream service at 7:00 pm April 21th, go to https://youtu.be/MQBNdHRt3zY
To participate in livestream service at 2:00 pm April 24th, go to https://saintignatius.ca/ and click on Livestream button.
Supreme has advised that if a council organizes remote participation in a virtual service , they are able to receive credit toward the Columbian award. Councils are encouraged to share and promote this livestream Silver Rose Prayer Service across the council membership and parish. Participation can be reported on the online form 10784. A copy of the Silver Rose Prayer Service booklet is attached or can be found at www.kofc.org and can be used to follow along during the livestream.
I would like to thank all the Councils whom where able to host a Silver Rose Prayer Service. A special thanks to those councils whom where able to host and livestream the their service.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me by email or phone.